Sunday, September 6, 2009

Something of a porfolio

Travis here! So has many of you know, I have started school up at BYU you again continuing my higher education quest that has taken longer then it took for Frodo to toss the ring into the pit of fire at Mordor. Anywho so I will be taking some training classes up at the Y in my free time to get better acquainted with the creative suites. I have been reading some training books as well as meeting with some friends to learn (thanks Beau!) and so I thought I would post my first piece.

Many of you may recognize this has my facebook profile pic but haven't stopped to really look at what it is. Crusty Booger is a spin off Buddy Holly and is the lead of the band. The tissues consist of a David Bowie-ish character on Key boards, a nameless classic rock drummer (I am thinking Led Zeppelin) and finally a nameless 80's punk rocker. This originally started as a sketch in my book but was scanned into photoshop and colored there. I really want to do this kinda work in illustrator as I think it has more potential then photoshop for coloring and drawing. Well I will continue to try and post different artwork and assignments as they come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh i thought the "front man" was you!! silly me! good work sir.