Friday, January 11, 2008

Travis Meidell for dummies

Who am I? Those are the same words that are mumbled by hundreds of people with amnesia every year. Amnesia is a scary thing, I have never had it but in case I ever get hit over the head by a falling pipe or have some super powered Haitian wipe my mind clean of all my memories, I need to post some stuff about myself to prevent me from having to tattoo my body with my own history and personal information. Of course if I had amnesia I wouldn't know where to go and look for this post so I guess at the very least I will have to tattoo my blog address to my arm or something. Anywho, my name is Travis and this is your guide through my life...in thirty seconds or more. I grew up in Utah my whole life except for a short two years when I lived out in Maryland. My likes range from pretty much anything that is geeky or nerdy. To give you an idea of this, for my birthday my wife gave me Comic Con tickets. I almost passed out from the excitement. What is Comic Con you might ask? If you don't know by now, then you won't care when I tell you.
So needless to say aside from being a complete geek I was able to disguise myself as a sports loving jock long enough to marry a beautiful girl before my geeky-ness exploded out all over her two days after we were married when I moved six boxes of comics into our new apartment. Needless to say she was shocked, heh, but it was to late for her to back out! So ta-da my scheme worked and I haven't watched a day of sports since. My wife is named Tia and despite being tricked into marrying me she loves me very much and actually has come to love my nerdy-ness. We have been married for a year and a half and still get a long quite nice.
I am currently attending the University of Utah, with a pre-art major hoping to get into the graphic design field. I have found a way to also give myself an animation minor. I love animation and design. Two great fields that I am going to merge together to make me Lord of the animation/design field. It will be the most awesome thing since they combined Math and Science to make...ummm Mathotolgy?
Well there is at least another two minutes' worth of descriptions about me but I am going to save it for another day. Unlike my friends over at the writers guild I am not on strike so you will be hearing from me again and again. So when you find yourself missing Heroes, Grey's Anatomy, or whatever your favorite TV show is, just tune in here and you'll get that exciting feeling TV shows once brought you. That feeling of adventures, courtroom based dramas, romance and student assignments. That last part about student assignments is not really based on TV (although some shows sure write like it was a 5th grade assignment). It was based on that fact that my blogs will be graded, judged and placed before a jury of my peers...school peers.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3...hey, is this thing on?

Hey, Elder Meidell. Since you haven't posted in going on 9 months, I don't know if you'll pay attention to this comment, but, AHA, I found you! We had some missionaries over for dinner tonight, and this set is the first set we've actually liked since you were in the branch with us. So it got me to thinking about you, all the good times in the 'hood, and of course I started feeling uber guilty about not being in touch, especially after you went and sent us your lovely wedding announcement, but I pushed through the guilt and then I thought I'd Google you. And here you are!

So, if you get this, drop me a line at em_mosdell@hotmail.com. I have a blog, too, which I think you can get to by clicking on my name on this comment. Sorry for being such lame Maryland friends and dropping off the face of the earth. Just know that we have a soft spot in our heart for a former Elder Meidell and hope he and his sweet wife are doing well. And we'd love to know what you're up to. So, write! :) Take care.

~Sister/Emily Mosdell (hehe)

Emily said...

Oops, um, so I didn't realize that Google directed me to your first post...I guess I could have clicked around to see if there were newer posts, so disregard my rude comment about your not posting since January. My bad. :)